Monday, September 29, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

It’s been two weeks since my last post and our lives have changed.

Lots.

And for the better.

I never really quit work when I had S & J. I continued while pregnant and only took a leave of absence (o.k., a LONG one) when the kiddos came along. Even after letting my wonderful editor know “I’m back!” I only wrote a couple of pieces a month. I worked when the kids slept. Easy peasy. It’s been a very nice schedule and has enabled me to keep up with professional contacts and keep my foot in the proverbial work pool (or at least my big toe) and help out the bank account a bit.

Bu then the economy tanked. And Danger Dad’s biz took a turn. And we started praying for some help, a little guidance and for doors to open. And they did. A perfect consulting gig with a company I like and know well rose to the surface. And so did the wonderful sitter that watches S & J for a few hours while I get things done. And other stuff too, too much stuff to mention. All good stuff.

All the pieces feel into place and so things have changed.

I have less free time but more freedom.

Does that make sense?

No comments :