Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whatcha' Cookin' Wednesday - "Chipotle Mayo"

I’m a big fan of the “zing.”

I like to wear red shoes (zing!), I love a saucy joke (zing!), I love to surprise people (zing!) and I like my food spicy (zing!).

Chipotle Mayo is the “zing” of my fridge.



I always keep a jar at the ready to zing up a dish. It’s fabulous in tuna salad, egg salad, deviled eggs, on sandwiches and in tilapia tacos. When you need some gastronomic “zing”, reach for the Chipotle Mayo.


CHIPOTLE MAYO


Ingredients:


- 1 cup mayo (I use Duke’s and only Duke’s. Give it a try and you’ll understand why. DO NOT use Miracle Whip. Yuck. It’s not thick enough and it tastes horrible. Use REAL mayo.)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 3-5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you can find this in the “Latin” area of your market, use more if you like more heat)
- 2 Tblsp. lime juice
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 Tblsp. olive oil

Combine all ingredients in blender or Cuisinart and blend until very creamy. Keeps in fridge up to 2-3 months. (Maybe longer but mine never lasts too long...)

2 comments :

katfrogg said...

So, dump in the peppers with or without the sauce from the can?

jenniferpants said...

I was just drinking my sunday night margarita and thought I'd put in a request for your recipe. I seem to remember you speaking of making margaritas in the summer. :) I'm pretty much no good at making them. They always taste different and I am always guessing at the proportions. Help! :)