Saturday, June 28, 2008

Boo-Boo Fashion

Unlike 99.99999% other kiddos on the planet my lover-ly spawn do not like band-aids.

Not even the crazy-expensive-overpriced ones that feature cartoon friends or rainbows or a character from the most recent summer release that we should go see RIGHT NOW.

They just don't like 'em.

This poses a problem for me. I am DEATHLY afraid of Staph. Ughaaaaaa. Blech. I need to cover their (many) scrapes to ward off infection, etc. (And all scrapes must be swabbed liberally with Neosporin or some such antibacterial agent. And prayed upon to ward off evil bacteria. And then we dance by the light of the moon and ask Mother Earth is stave off infection. Occasionally we also sacrifice a lamb to the healing Gods.)


Ughaaaaaa. Blech. Staph.

Yesterday my problem was solved. (HIYA PARENT HACKS.COM!)

After Friday’s spill at the library a friendly and fast-thinking librarian appeared with a band-aid (those regular tan ones) and a STICKER. Not a really cool flower sticker or brightly colored choo-choo sticker but those small, circle stickers you use at a Yard Sale when you’re marking prices on your stuff. Small, round, bright green and totally plain and ordinary-looking. After I carefully applied the band-aid to my band-aid-hating, screaming-at-the-top-of-her-lungs cutie pie the librarian matter-of-factly handed me the sticker and said, “Here ya go.”


What?!?!?

I didn’t know what to do but followed her all-knowing head-nudge toward the band-aid on J’s knee and plopped it on squarely on top.

The screaming stopped.

Immediately.

J absolutely LOVED the sticker. And, thus, the previously-offensive band-aid.

After J’s bath I asked her if she would help me decorate a new band-aid. She chose a sticker with cherries on it.

This morning her band-aid sported some righteous lady bugs.






We're definitely going to the library more often.

No comments :