Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Affordably Organic goes on the road



Only 3 days until the 14th Annual Georgia Organics Conference

I’m especially stoked because I’m a speaker this year.  (happy gulp)

And it’s all because of a dinner party.

I was the Organic Mom in a field of professional foodies including a celebrity chef; a popular cookbook author;, a respected food editor for a regional magazine; a long-time food writer and blogger; and the leader of a large food advocacy group. I was asked to share my views on food and how I feed my family an organic diet on a tight budget. A week or so later I was asked if I’d be interested in speaking at the Georgia Organics Annual Conference about how to live “Affordably Organic.”  I was thrilled, humbled and excited.  What an awesome opportunity to bust the myth that you have to be a Rockefeller to eat organically! 

I jumped at the chance.

So, this weekend I’ll teach conference attendees how to feed a family of four an almost entirely organic diet on tight budget.  Exciting stuff.  I get to spread the gospel that this lifestyle is possible! (Really.)  And easy.  (And fun!)  And extremely beneficial for you and your family.  Financially, physically and emotionally. I'm used to speaking to small groups and evangelizing this good news to anyone that will listen (if you've sat down sat my dinner table you know this is true) but never a group this big. (Did I hear that there will be 3,000 attendees this year? Zoinks.) I AM STOKED. 

Since you may not be able to join us at the conference in Savannah, I’ll be sharing my Affordably Organic tips on this blog in the coming weeks.   I welcome questions, feedback and comments, especially if you have real-world successes and tips to share.  I’m hoping we can get the conversation going and learn from each other.

I won’t have much computer access while at the conference so won’t be filing that many blog posts but I will have my Blackberry so trust that I’ll be tweeting my organic head off.  You can find me at www.twitter.com/mindeherbert.  (The Georgia Organics Conference hashtag is #GOconf.) 

Savannah, here we come!

1 comment :

Thatgaljill said...

I can't wait to hear all about it!

Especially the budget part. Sometimes where I live it feels like the farmer's market is priced to make it feel more of a luxury than a necessity.