Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Simple. Pleasures.

Today we went blueberry picking.



And it was one of the best mornings we've had all summer.



It didn't last long (2-year twin attention spans = um, not much), maybe a couple hours, but it was wonderful. And simple.

No flashing lights and loud sounds, just a big field, hundreds of bursting-with-berries bushes and a couple of buckets.

Perfect.

We ate way more than we picked; we got dirty and wet . I loved hearing S & J say, "Blueberries! Blueberries! Mama, blueberries!" each time they spied a nearly-black blue berry busting with juice, as if it was the first one they saw all morning.



I am thankful that my kiddos love nature and being outdoors and exploring and experiencing new things.

I am thankful that I get to see the world anew through their awesome lens.

No comments :